Role: Responsible for the planning, management, and coordination of
all Adult indoor recreational activities, fine arts, and crafts programs.
- Attend monthly Board meetings and report the progress of registration, participation, etc.
- Prepare a list of programs to be offered, time schedules and fees to be charged for approval by the Executive.
- Apply through the public school board and through the principals of the separate schools for the use of school facilities.
- Coordinate the registration of the fall, winter, and spring indoor programs.
- Prepare information and reports to be submitted to the Association and Community Development Branch, City of Saskatoon.
- Prepare Program Information Forms (yellow sheets) and submit them to Development Branch.
Submit requests to the City for instructors and hire instructors where necessary.
- Ensure registration date, program activities, descriptions, locations, dates, times, and fee schedules are advertised in the Community Association newsletter prior to registration.
- Resolve situations arising with schools, caretakers, programs, and participants.
- Submit an annual budget.
- Recruit volunteers for parent supervision and registrations.
- Watch for and encourage new individuals to volunteer for the Community Association.
Time Commitment: Intense
- Attend Monthly Executive meetings
- keep Executive up-to-date as to enrolment, cancellations, problems, etc. of programs
- follow monthly tasks guidelines
- Organization, Programming, Scheduling, Commitment, Cooperation, Leadership, Delegating, Diplomacy, Public relations