Role: Prepare and coordinate distribution of newsletters and other such communiqués for the purpose of promoting the Community Association.
- Follow the established newsletter preparation and distribution schedule,
along with a list of anticipated content for each newsletter issue.
- Write and/or solicit articles from community members and other Board members.
- Type, assemble, and edit all information for communiqués of the Board to ensure continuity and consistency.
- Ensure all standards for the newsletter are met: 4 newsletters per year; community association logo appears on the front page; publish the purpose and objectives of the community association; keep a copy of each communiqué on file.
- Solicit advertising from within the neighbourhood adhering to the advertising policy and rates established by the Board.
- Contact the printing agency as required.
- Distribute the newsletters to the Area Captains, so they can get them to the Block Captains.
- Annually prepare a budget projection for all communication expenses, as well as, provide a year-end report of expenses at the Annual General Meeting.
- Watch for and encourage new individuals to Volunteer for the Community Association.
Time Commitment: Moderate
- Monthly Executive meetings
- Computer skills (I.e. MS Publisher)
- Public relations
- Knowledge of the community