Role: Overall leader of the Community Association. Coordinates the activities of the Association to ensure the organization’s
objectives are carried out. Voting member of the Board of Directors.
- Preside at meetings of the Executive and at the Annual General meeting of the Association
- Prepare the agenda for each meeting.
- Ensure meetings run smoothly and quickly in a positive atmosphere.
- Appoint a member of the Executive to act in his/her capacity in the absence of the President and Vice President.
- Chairs all meetings according to parliamentary procedures (Robert’s Rules of Order).
- Has signing authority for all payments made by the Association and for all legal papers and contracts.
- Ensure that all Executives are given training in their duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure that all Executives carry out their assigned responsibilities and duties.
- Act on the Community Association’s behalf in matters pertaining to the association to various levels of government, outside agencies, the City of Saskatoon, and at public functions.
- Watch for and encourage new individuals to volunteer for the Community Association.
Time Commitment: Intense
- Coordinate and prepare for Monthly Executive meetings
- Contacts with other Executives between meetings
- Field inquiries from membership
- Committee meetings and various community activities
- Provide decisions to problems incurred by Executives
- Use problem-solving skills
- Leadership, Management, Commitment, Decision Making, Coordination, Public relations, Delegation, Diplomacy